Monday, November 19, 2007

At last, time to update..

There was supposed to be an update of the Massey Uni Indoor Soccer World Cup, that MUMSA and Merlion (Singaporean Students Association of Massey) organized. I even promised a few people of this update, but since it was almost a month ago, I think it outlived its lifespan but still, its worth mentioning. The video of that event however will be posted soon.

The main reason that it took me this long to update,is because of exams that came right after the World Cup, which made me unable to update on that event immediately. After exams, I started on the video, thinking I would update only after I have completed the video. Also, I have moved out of Wally D room 1.11, and into my new flat in town. That pushed back my updating another week.

The location of my new flat is actually superb, as its in the middle of uni, and town, petrol station 2 streets down, halal meat/grocery shop literally just 3 doors down and generally a very good street to live on. The house does not look like much from outside but is much more appealing inside, which is good for us, as it will not attract much attention. Its a 4 room flat with a double garage and more than enough storage space, which immediately made me come up with a business opportunity for the flat. I suggested to the others to use the garage as storage space...and charge em for it. The storage business was good. I got almost all the Malaysians that were going home for summer vacation to store their stuff at our new flat.

The storage business and the activity of moving our own stuff to the new flat and sending the Malaysians to the airport made the week hectic and sleepless. Our new flat became storage and sort of a rest area because if anyone was to leave the next day, they would sleep over at our flat first and we would send them the next day. The combination of the still messy and disorganized state of the flat, and extra people staying over made for an interesting week. It was all good though, always happy to be with good company.

Everything settled down 2 days ago, as the last of the "orang menumpang" was sent to the airport. Now its just the flatmates plus Imran the adopted flatmate. I am also considered menumpang because I rented the room to Wen Li for the summer, not for profit lah...but just so that Iylia and Safwan does not have to pay too much over the summer as me and Sammy boy are leaving. That means i'm sleeping in the living room which is all good tho, coz all the entertainment is in the living room.

One by one they leave Palmy, and in 2 weeks time so will I. Nasi Kandar Spring here i come.


Flat pictures on the next post


2 comments:

Lutfi Belwael said...

eh..how u guys split up money ek?
i paid iylia 40 quid. correcto?

oops did I just say that? said...

tipah tertipuuu