Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The story so far

Reporting after the last out of place "emo-ish" post.

New Zealand the second time round for me was exactly that, revisited, no thrill of the guy who left home the first time, but someone coming back home to his current home base. Everything was pretty much where it should be when I came back to Palmy. The flat was kinda hectic, with most of the guys holding up here to avoid starting paying for the halls too early. That meant stuff were lying everywhere, living room packed, mine and iylia's room had visitors, and I lived out of the suitcase for another week. After most of the guys moved into the halls, I cleaned up my room, unpacked my stuff, rearranged my furniture in my room, started making it my own again.

Anyways, house matters aside, MUMSA had its clubs day booth up, and boy oh boy, we had loads of new members signing up. To date, there are, if not mistaken, 12 new scholarship students from the respective sponsors. Thats an increase from last year. Either Massey is becoming a popular destination now, or we (the "old" students) did a good job of marketing Palmerston North, and Massey, either by word of mouth to respective juniors, or we just made this place "happening" because we are that cool. haha. Not counting the scholarship students, we have a handful of new private students as well, making this year, undoubtedly the largest number of members for MUMSA.

The kickoff event held by MUMSA was the bbq, held at the ICC (again),which would turn out to be a bit on the small side, as almost all that registered on clubs day turned up plus Mr.Prez decided to include the post graduates and their families to join as well. The event was really organized from start till finish, which led to Eugene commenting, "Malaysians ker nih? semua dah prepared before hand, and on time pulak tuh", which I thought was funny and honestly a very sensible question to ask. Food was prepared almost a day before, and chicken was pre-cooked (so that people won't have to wait long for their chicken to bbq) with 3 hours to spare. People turned up on time, and as I said before, the place was packed. But all in all, MUMSA collectively did a great job in my opinion.

The haunted maize maze was revisited again. The event this time was joined by some members from WMSO. The venue was different from the last time MUMSA went. It was in a place called Marton before, 40 minutes away, but now its a brand new maze, in Sanson. 25 minutes away. I have to say, it was nowhere near as scary as the one in Marton, and half the time to complete it. But to look at the glass half full, we had a good time, hanging out with the newbies, and our friends from WMSO, which is all good.

Oh yeah, classes. Started, 3 I like, 1 don't like mainly because of the lecturer, and out of the 3 classes that interest me, only two I actually pay attention to everyday because of the excellent lecturer who makes you participate, so you don't really have time to let your mind wander off.

No comments: