Sunday, December 07, 2008

triggers

It was a combination of smells that trigger your senses. It was the chestnuts, the cigarette smoke, the smell of the trash, the smell of the streets. Being away, you take those smells for granted. To come across those smells again, would be finding home again. Those were smells of Kuala Lumpur, my birthplace, my home.

These thoughts came to mind when I was out the whole day with Kak Yang. I could never come across those smells if I was not walking on the streets of KL. The smells are far from pleasant, the diverse range of people also gives you a diverse range of attitudes, but these things make me further realize that I could never live anywhere else for the rest of my life. Kuala Lumpur has been tuned into my frequency, because this is where I have lived for most of my life. I'm sure there are many who would agree, and disagree, many articles written about KL that further emphasizes the notion that its not a perfect place by far, but it is still home now and forever.

The smell of the streets are just one trait that triggers KL in my mind, the way people live their lives, the way people drive on highways, the way everyone would know how to communicate, the way every Malaysian strives everyday to survive, and never gives up in our own way.


__________________________________________________________________________________________________

i am an enigma, someone solve me !

No comments: