Friday, May 10, 2019

Struggle

This is me writing down my feelings right now. I have not done this in a while. I read my old posts and sigh , because they were significant. Makes me wonder why I stopped , why I did not pursue this formally or professionally.

I am stuck career wise. I just resigned from a job I hated but could definitely do. Just hated . I resigned without having a job to go to. I have been applying to more than 50 jobs since December last year and only had 2 calls to interviews and a couple of pre interviews

I made this decision with full of confidence , as I am now 34 , and feel that this is the time to get my career goals in line . Not just work for the sake of work , but need a specialty.

I have been around many industries and I can't get past the fact that advertising and marketing is the thing I want to be doing and be better at.

That means agency life again.

The thing is , I know my worth, and experience and knowledge I have accumulated over the years. I just cannot get recruiters to see that.

It's frustrating because your ego says you deserve a higher chance because of your education you acheived overseas . But that's just not the case. I see people from the same batch , same course who gets jobs in major companies.

I am not a lazy person I work hard at every job I get , get things done , and most of the time bosses appreciate that.

To be continued


No comments: